Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Skill, New Try

HAPPY NEW YEAR: PICK UP A NEW SKILL by Gary Marcus

Reading this article was a reminder that it is never too late to learn or try something new.  The brain with its neuroplasticity has amazing ways to adapt and alter itself for survival and learn.  We see it all the time in stroke patients or traumatic brain injury patients who improve with lots of therapy and time.  It makes me wonder what else we all can try to learn or grow to be happier and more content people.

What else have you wanted to try?

I think I want to really give a good try at photography.  I feel like I've made excuses about not learning the components of a camera and all the tricks to manipulating light because I am scared of failing and feel overwhelmed with all the complexity.  How do we absorb the vast information well?  As the article suggests, we should break it down into smaller, more manageable units.  I think I'll try to figure out one by one.  Let's start clicking away.

No comments:

Post a Comment