Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bookcase update, project # 12


 
Since I've been studying a lot in the past few weeks in our den area, I keep staring at the bookcase.  I thought I needed to update the drab bookcase in the room.  It was all black.  I saw other magazines and blogs as well as designer shows (like Home with Lisa Quinn on the Live Well Network) with this similar project.  I took my cues from them.  I took a wrapping paper I liked and just used double-sided tape against the backboard of the bookcase.  I think it gives it a fun pop of colors.  I used the same paper to cover a regular, old cardboard box to hold more books.  I took pushpins to create a little latch for that box.  It was cheap and easy enough.  I wonder if you can tell how much I love books from the pictures.  ;-)



1 comment: