Friday, November 30, 2012

Last year's Christmas gifts


This is what my husband and I were obsessed with this past Christmas season.  We wanted to make a few special and surprising gifts for our family, especially since his parents like very practical things. 
I saw this craft project from the amazing Martha Stewart team (http://www.marthastewart.com/article/baby-face-clock)... and decided to modify it.  We wanted to make the faces of all of my husband and his siblings when they were kids.  I think I love the bowl cuts...and my husband's expression on the bottom one.  What is it with Asian people and these hair dos?  I had one from my grandfather when I was a kid, too.
I know his parents loved it!


I think I'm going to make another version this year for one of the sisters, since she's moving to the East Coast soon.  I want it to remind her to call us California time.  In addition, since we have our first little girl, I thought it would be fun to put her picture in the clock too.  What do you think?  I'll try to make it soon and then post a final product picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment